The Right to Information Act 2005 came into force for its enactment from 12 October 2005 to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority in India. Under the act we are committed to provide following information on this website to every citizen of India. Please follow the links below if you have an interest in obtaining requisite information.
Dr. Raghavendra Bhatta,
Dr. (Mrs.) Manpal Sridhar, Principal Scientist & Head BESD
Central Public Information Officer (For Scientific matters)
Dr. K.S. Roy, Principal Scientist
Central Public Information Officer (For Administrative matters)
- The organization, functions and duties.
- The powers and duties of officers and employees
- The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountably
- The norms set by it for discharge of its functions
- The rules, regulations, instruction, manual and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions
- A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control
- The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy and implementation thereof
- A statement of the board, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.
- A Directory of officers and employees
- The monthly remuneration received by each of employees, including the system of compensation as approved in its regulations.
- The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made
- The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes
- Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits and authorizations granted by it
- Details of information, available to or held by it, reduced in electronic form
- The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public
- The Name, designations and other particulars of the public information officers
- RTI Application -FORMAT