|Name:||Dr. N. K. Shivakumar Gowda|
|Date of joining ICAR:||25.7.1994|
|Date of joining NIANP:||23.12.1996|
|Research Interest:||Novel feed resources, micronutrients, nutrigenomics.|
- N.K.S. Gowda, D.R. Ledoux, G.E. Rottinghaus, A.J. Bermudez and Y.C Chen. 2009. Antioxidant efficacy of supplemental curcuminoids from turmeric (Curcuma longa L.) powder in broiler chicks fed diet containing aflatoxin B1. British Journal of Nutrition. 102: 1629-1634.
- N. K.S. Gowda, D.T. Pal, S. R. Bellur, U. Bharadwaj, M. Sridhar, M. L. Satyanarayana, C. S. Prasad, K. S. Ramachandra and K. T. Sampath. 2009. Evaluation of castor (Ricinus communis) seed cake in the total mixed ration for sheep. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 89 : 216-220.
- N.K.S. Gowda, R.U. Suganthi, V. Malathi and A. Raghavendra. 2007. Effect of feeding graded levels of aflatoxin on performance of sheep. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 77(3): 262-268.
- N.K.S. Gowda, D.R. Ledoux, G.E. Rottinghaus, A.J. Bermudez and Y.C. Chen. 2008. Efficacy of turmeric (Curcuma longa), containing a known level of curcumin, and a hydrated sodium calcium aluminosilicate to ameliorate the adverse effects of aflatoxin in broiler chicks. Poultry Science. 87: 1125-1130.
- N.K.S. Gowda, V. Malathi and R.U. Suganthi. 2004. Effect of various chemical and herbal compounds on growth of Aspergillus parasiticus and aflatoxin production. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 116 : 281-291.
- N.K.S. Gowda, S.V.S. Verma, A.V. Elangovan and S.D. Singh.1998. Neem (Azadirachta indica) kernel meal in the diet of White Leghorn layers. British Poultry Science. 39 : 648-652.
- N.K.S. Gowda, R.U. Suganthi, V. Malathi and A. Raghavendra. 2006. Efficacy of heat treatment and sun drying of aflatoxin contaminated feed for reducing the harmful biological effects in sheep. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 133 : 167-175.
- N.K.S. Gowda, R.U. Suganthi, V. Malathi and A. Raghavendra. 2007. Utilization of dietary minerals and blood biochemical values in lambs fed hydrated sodium calcium alumino silicate sorbent material at supplementary level. Small Ruminant Research. 69 : 17-22.
- D.T. Pal, N.K.S. Gowda, C.S. Prasad, R . Amarnath, S.R. Bellur and K.T. Sampath. 2010. Effect of copper and zinc - methionine supplementation on bioavailability, mineral status and tissue concentrations of copper and zinc in ewes. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology 24 : 89-94.
- N.K.S. Gowda, N.V. Vallesha, V.B. Awachat, S. Anandan, D.T. Pal, C.S. Prasad. 2015. Study on evaluation of silage from pineapple (Ananas comosus) fruit residue as livestock feed. Tropical Animal Health and Production. 36 (1) : 77-94.